PayByPhone is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (along with the General Terms and relevant Service Terms) sets out the basis on which any Personal Data (as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”)) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is PayByPhone Limited of 1 The Boulevard, Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1EL.
B.1 Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, App or Mobile Web or verbally to our call handlers or IVR system. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion or if you report a problem with our site or any PayByPhone Services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of Transactions processed via your Account.
- Details of your visits to our Website, Mobile Web or App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise.
B.2 IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our actual or potential partners or suppliers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
B.4 Where we store your personal data
B.4.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment Transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
B.4.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
B.5 Uses made of the information
B.5.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- For the purposes of providing and administering the Service(s) you have requested. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information (which may come from third parties) related to our Services which we feel may be of interest or benefit to you (e.g. road closures, parking suspensions, surveys, and crime warning messages); or
- To notify you about changes to the Service(s) or Agreement.
B.5.2 Unless you have told us otherwise, we may contact you by electronic means (e-mail, SMS or App message) with information about goods and services similar to the PayByPhone Services you have used.
B.5.3 If you provide your consent, we may also use your data, to provide you with information about third party goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, SMS or a message via our mobile application.
B.5.4 You may unsubscribe to marketing messages at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link on the relevant message.
B.5.5 We may share information with actual or potential third party partners or suppliers in the form of aggregate user information which is anonymous (for example, we may inform them that 500 people parked in Islington for less than 1 hour on a given day).
B.6 Disclosure of your information
B.6.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
B.6.2 Additionally, we may disclose your information to:
- Facility Operators where necessary in relation to your use of the Services or the Facility;
- third party suppliers as part of the provision of or in support of the Services;
- third parties where you have provided your consent or if required/permitted by law.
B.6.3 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
B.6.4 In the event that PayByPhone or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
B.6.5 We may also disclose your personal information, if PayByPhone are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any of the terms of the Agreement; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PayByPhone, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
B.7 Your rights
B.7.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
B.7.2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
B.8 Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.