PayByPhone launches Map-based parking
EXETER, UK, 16 August 2018 - Exeter is a vibrant and beautiful city, boasting a rich history, with numerous tourist attractions as well as boutique shops and an exciting selection of restaurants and bars. Like most popular destinations, Exeter’s visitor numbers increase during the summer months, and with up to 15% more cars heading into the city, finding parking becomes a little trickier than usual for visitors and residents alike. Exeter City Council and PayByPhone, the mobile parking payment app, offer some great summer parking tips to help both residents and tourists find the right parking space and enjoy a hassle-free day out.
- The central car parks are the busiest between 10.30am and 3pm, so getting into the city early or waiting until a little later in the day to visit will increase drivers’ chances of finding the perfect parking spot.
- If visitors decide to extend their stay into the evening to dine out or take in one of the many attractions, they can take advantage of the free parking after 6pm in the city’s Pay & Display car parks.
- The popular Princesshay shopping area is served by two Council car parks - Princesshay 2 & 3. These are generally cheaper and less busy than the main Princesshay car park.
- If the temperatures keep rising, park on the lower decks of a multi-storey car park to keep cars cooler on a hot day, making them far more pleasant to return to.
- Drivers are reminded never to leave pets in hot cars.
Cllr Rosie Denham, Lead Councillor for City Transformation at Exeter City Council, says, “Exeter has so much to offer its visitors, and the PayByPhone app makes it easier than ever to park, to pay and then to explore the city. Drivers don’t need to worry about cash or coins for machines, and they can opt in to receive a reminder text before their parking session expires. They can even extend the session from wherever they are, so there is no risk of coming back to find a parking ticket, which can ruin a great day out.”
Anthony Cashel, Marketing Manager of PayByPhone UK, says, “My final tip is to download the PayByPhone app before you set out. You can then make use of the app in Exeter and any of the other 37 towns and cities across the UK where PayByPhone operates. And with no additional transaction fee in Exeter, PayByPhone makes cash-free parking in the city even easier.”
Start parking immediately by downloading the PayByPhone app or by visiting paybyphone.co.uk, and for more information follow @PayByPhone_UK and @ExeterCouncil.